Tuesday 1 October 2013

grrr perfectionism...

I'm trying to create a logo which I feel is true to me and representative of what I stand for - 'i like trees'. I have got so far and now I'm stuck. I could just leave it and call it finished but I will forever resent it as a reflection of my own inferiority and lack of commitment. I know what will happen. I will spend hours trying to work and make sense of it from every angle, finally, painstakingly come up with an immense, complicated solution, and once its perfected and ready, a perfect, simple solution will become glaringly obvious and the only possible answer. And if I don't go through this ridiculous process, I'll never get there. WHYYY!!?! There's got to be a better way. It's only the letter 'e' I'm stuck on. The concept is of the relationship of man and nature, of the balance of the natural and man made. I'm thinking systems, label, units, computer, prisms, patterns, triangles, cubes, origami and still got a scribbly mess on my page. Oh joy. I'm semi happy with the rest of it, but the 'e' is stumping me! Please see below and feel free to suggest things which might make it work or what I'm missing....
.....

No comments: