Thursday 13 December 2012

not bad for continuity

Ok, so it's been.......2 and a half years since I last updated this, so not bad really. But my reason for firing up my literary brain cells again is because I'm off to India and Nepal on Saturday, and I thought it might be good to record what happens there. As people who know me may know by now, this is something I've wanted to do for a loooooong time, so it's quite exciting! In theory, as the day gets closer and the reality dawns on me I'm getting the vomity/shitting myself sensation of terror and the stress of HOW MANY last minute things I need to do. For example, NOWHERE sells an bloody Indian plug converter thing. Helpful. And I forgot the pin number for my credit card. And the thought of needing suntan lotion when the frost hasn't even melted this morning is hurting my head. Oh yeah, and I HATE packing. Procrastination, procrastination, procrastination....babysitting, yep I can do that, Christmas party, yep I can go. More xmas decorations, DEFINITELY. Hmmm successful. But it will be fine once it's done. So I don't know how much I can/will update this while I'm off galavanting in the subcontinent but I will try. I have a more traditional pen and paper, which when I'm stuck up a mountain in Nepal, may prove to come more in handy. Just in case anyone doesn't hear from me for a while, this is the organisation I'm volunteering with in Nepal: Wishing you all a jolly christmas of stockings and E.T. And that X Factor isn't number 1!

No comments: